Case Studies - Apparel Operations
Case Study 1:
The client is a Swedish clothing company known for its affordable and fashionable
offerings for women, men, teenagers and children with more than 1,500 stores in
28 countries. It is also Europe’s top clothing brand. It sources a significant quantity
of its product range from Bangladesh and wanted to benchmark its suppliers in Bangladesh
with respect to various metrics.
The objective of the project was to determine in-metrics, measure predetermined
KPIs such as efficiency, capacities, on-time schedule, sample status, rejection
- Core team for each supplier was trained on KPIs such as efficiency, DHU, rejection
percentage, CoC, style and material lead time, on-time performance, and sample
- Industrial engineering department was started to initiate the scientific approach
- Suppliers were benchmarked on their performance against the set KPIs.
- An integrated system for operations and quality management which also covers aspects
like working hours, absenteeism, overtime, etc.
- Clear visibility in terms of capacity, available hours and booked orders.
- Scientific base for performance evaluation and planning.
- Performance improvement and systematic work culture.
Case Study 2:
The client is one of the leading export houses in Tirupur engaged in manufacturing
knitted garments for kids and men. The current factory is operational since 2007
on a total plot area of 8.65 acres. It has clientele base in USA, Canada, and Europe.
- Establish and implement Quality Management Systems for the shop floor
- Define KRAs and KPIs for the QA team
- Generate MIS for monitoring key quality parameters in the shop floor
- Improve the levels of DHU and repair percentage
- Physical layout and workplace improvement (illumination etc.).
- Organization and staffing; KRAs development with KPIs-based incentive system
- Defect perception standardization through taxonomy, training and development
- Improve process flow and inter-relationships, eliminating redundancy and introducing
- Improved system follow-ups and MIS, analysis, corrective actions and record
- Using and internalizing proven quality improvement tools like check sheets,
histograms, pareto chart, cause and effect diagrams, 5S, etc.